MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation, page-12

1. 48 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Oops if you google townsville gigafactory and go to news you should be able to access it. From 14 hours ago.

Townsville is a logical location for new factory
    DOMANII CAMERON, Townsville Bulletin
    September 20, 2017 12:00am
    Subscriber only
    MOMENTUM for Townsville’s $2 billion battery gigafactory is building, with support from Opposition Leader Bill Shorten and proponent Bill Moss confident it will be the cornerstone for Australia’s participation in an energy technology industry.

Mr Moss, a former Macquarie Bank property guru, said Townsville was the logical location for the lithium-ion battery factory.

Meanwhile Mr Shorten, who is visiting the city this week, said the factory had a strong future in Townsville.

Mr Moss, chairman of the consortium behind the proposal, Boston Energy and Innovation, said it was in the final stages of completing an information memorandum.

“Then we’ll start a dialogue with the politicians, state and federal,” Mr Moss said.

“I’m excited about this new century technology and the opportunity (for) Australia to participate in an energy industry. “That is going to dominate the next 20 years.”

The factory is expected to create 1000 direct jobs and up to 7000 including the downstream supply chain. The land selected for factory would have room to expand with complementary industries.

“It’s important that this is based in Northern Australia as it’s closer to Asia,” Mr Moss said.

“(Townsville has) an international airport, it has a port and it has favourable weather.

“Townsville itself is in need of a core industry that can actually provide a hub for additional technology.”

Mr Moss said “a number” of equity providers had approached the consortium showing interest in the project.

“The next step for us now is to talk to all the relevant authorities and to talk to relevant institutions to participate,” he said. “Hopefully discussions will start in the next month.”

Mr Moss said Northern Australia always had “promising potential”.

“If (Northern Australia) was an island and it wasn’t part of Australia, it would have capital coming from all over the world to invest,” he said.

“The greatest disservice is that it’s regulated by state and federal politicians. The location of Northern Australia is unique. Asia is our future.

“The Government needs to come to grips with a workable Northern Australia policy that would fast-track that region.”

Mr Shorten was “enthusiastic” about the plan. “I see the energy plant as part of the future of Townsville,” he said.

“You’ve got different investments in renewable energy.

“Part of that is the ability to store energy, so I think a battery plant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.