BPG 0.00% 0.9¢ byte power group limited

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation, page-79

1. 767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 926
    It’s anyone’s guess at the moment @Rumdogx

The rules quoted in the suspension seem to be around:
    1. Backdoor Listing (Soarlabs gaining ASX listed status by acquiring 49% of BPPL – Subsidiary of BPG).
    2. Significant change in Business Activities (essentially becoming a crypto exchange company, when previously a distribution company) – without Shareholder Approval.
    (thanks to @Neil1959 for providing the information on this)

As it’s anyone’s guess – here’s mine:
    Best Case – 6 to 7 weeks
    Worst Case – 12 weeks +

Why/My guess of what will happen:
    As individuals, the next thing we’ll hear from BPG (letter in the post) will be a notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting, where a resolution/resolutions will be presented allowing Shareholders to vote on the Change in Business Activities and/or Change in Business Structure. Typically, you’d need to give 4 weeks’ notice before holding such a vote. Therefore give them 1 week (this week) to organise/get letters out, 4 weeks to collect proxy votes, then 1 week to announce results and remove trading suspension.

Add a few additional weeks at the start/end for ASX to confirm compliance with the rules, and you’d get my worst-case estimate.

Further to this, BPG are probably focused on resolving differences with Soarlabs as the priority – they were given 21 days to comply with their contractual obligations. IMO, if BPG fail to resolve this, and worst case scenario here is the Soarlabs / BPG contract is terminated, then, in theory, the suspension may be removed in 4 weeks (as BPG would return to their original activities and not require any ‘vote’ per the above). But, IMO, this would be a disaster for BPG and Soarlabs, and neither party could afford to terminate the contract this far in: The loss of timing to market would far outweigh any perceived negatives of continuing with the existing Soarlabs/BPG partnership, hence I’ve dismissed this scenario, albeit a possibility.

All of the above is a complete guess, speculation, etc,
    Please do not take this for anything more than just a complete guess what is/will happne - I’m sure there is more that we don’t know going on behind closed doors.
    All IMO and please DYOR!!

Cheers
    MSN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.