AUZ 0.00% 0.8¢ australian mines limited

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why you're being so abusive. Attacking...

1. 1,168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1042
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure why you're being so abusive. Attacking me doesn't reduce anything I've said. Learn to disagree with a person without abusing them.

From my point of view, the last month has been pitiful. The company have had to suspend the stock for over half of the month. They halted (which is fine), suspended (unusual but acceptable), breached ASX listing rules (poor but a wrist-slap), made mistakes in their initial release resulting in additional checks by the ASX (poor), released an investor presentation breaching JORC code (this one doesn't fill me with confidence given they're purporting to be experts), and then suspended again (very poor) because they still made more mistakes (very poor) in the initial announcement.

In the meanwhile, they've announced an offtake agreement (good). With a large, stable company (good). For unspecified terms (unable to form an opinion as they have not released the key pricing mechanism to the market). In compensation for this, they issued options (good and bad. Usually, if you want to get an offtake from a mining company, you have to invest. The buyer gets the materials locked in, the seller gets the capital investment necessary to produce. 12c was a decent price, but they issued options, not shares. This undoes at least part of the benefit, because depending on the share price, SKI could simply get the offtake, and lapse the options.)

All in all, things are promising but not hugely de-risked for AUZ.

And of course I mention risk. Just because this is a spec stock doesn't mean you ignore all risk. That would be really dumb. If you have a share with JORC resources, or a similar company with initial assays indicating the same resource, you'd expect that JORC company to be more expensive - it has less risk of failing. The big players and instos who buy in bulk and move the price - you've better believe that they use discount factors based on the risk rating of a share.

And now we have a whole lot of people speculating that the announcement will come out tomorrow with other amazing announcements (because otherwise, why the hell have they needed this long to fix things?). I can see the logic - they already had the agreement, they just needed to fix the annoucement - it shouldn't take that long. But it ignores that AUZ already stated why they were suspending, and it wasn't "new announcements". It was mistake in the first announcement and mistake in the investor presentation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $36.10K 4.490M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 13679998 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 3385438 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.