RFG 0.00% 7.0¢ retail food group limited

No, that's wrong. An auditor is much more concerned about a...

1. 1,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    No, that's wrong. An auditor is much more concerned about a company that under-reports than one that over reports. Under-reporting implies under taxation and that is a line most auditors won't want to cross.

The company is having to deal with big write-offs of goodwill, counterbalanced against debt covenant issues, and there should not be any surprise that the auditors and the CFO would have differences of opinion on how to state these, levels of impairment, etc.

I think more concerning to me is that they didn't plan well to meet this deadline, and apparently they didn't under-estimate their actual results enough. It would have been better to over-shock the market once, then over deliver the actual result. It looks like this is going to be an ugly year for this company, although I still come back to the idea that the basic business model and brands can be made right after one-time adjustments are made. Even if we impair the earnings enormously, once we clear out the inventory of unsold franchises and show a stable trend of any level of growth, the stock seems to be valued far below its historical mean PE ratio (against the impaired earnings).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $171.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 7.0¢ 6.7¢ $397.9K 5.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 208459 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 668943 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ 1103909
Last updated 15.43pm 02/05/2024 ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.