GLN 3.03% 17.0¢ galan lithium limited

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation, page-100

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    The gist of it is that there’s a reasonable chance that this abstract info confirms a part of the Candelas Lithium source as hydrothermal originating as Mattilla had stated was a potential source as well.

IF the case, and Gln down hole data and statements keep aligning this way as imo they have in the last 2 annmnts, then it makes Mattillas massive Candelas
    15 X 3 Km(and widening!!!) X 159 to 300m (possibly plus) bath tub, the FIRST beneficiary of the 80-90% flow to Hombre Muerto, indeed one could call it a CONSTANTLY FLOWING TAP for the hydrothermal source which, as Mattilla has suggested is OVERFLOWING into Hombre Muerto.

So the snow melt/rain and hydrothermals all percolate down the the ignimbrites (wiki link below)

https://www.google.com.au/search?source=hp&ei=LfiCXMGgDMeR9QPu6pCICQ&q=ignimbrite+description&oq=lignimbrite&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.2.0i13l5.2113.6406..12071...0.0..0.262.1900.0j9j2......0....1.......5..41j0i131j46i131j46j0j0i10.BYiUayZkrQ0

which is very high in Lithium and is easily kind of washed out of the Ignimbrite down thru the permeable strata ,becos it’s loosely bound to the rock crystalline structure.

This You’d need to do some reading up on to understand how this stuff works and some slightly advanced geochemistry to do with valences and atom binding, but it’s not really needed as long as one accepts that the Li is transported by the various sources of water into Candelas first.

BUT like I say this stuff still all needs confirmation from the company. However it’s coming from one of the most respected Geos to study this region.

What is not clearly understood is just where and how the water source is originating apart from the Candelas snow melt and the VERY occasional rainfall which leads me to think that the majority of the recharge of Candelas is via the hydrothermal which CAN be traced via analysing the Li isotope concentrations and resistivities of which we know GLN is taking readings of in these drill holes !!!

My hope is that they have been able to get SRK to do an initial pass on this data and interpret whether the hydrothermal is a possible DIRECT subterranean permeating Li source and not just Los Patos water making its way thru the strata as above.

There are some studies that have been done on these salars and the variation in Li isotopes WITHIN THE SALARS, particularly Godfrey at Hombre Muerto.

https://ac.els-cdn.com/S1878522015002155/1-s2.0-S1878522015002155-main.pdf?_tid=6edeb58c-3c17-46d6-a537-41a2b6345819&acdnat=1552089476_7a3f7d63d9d6ceab042ac770a7996fcb

BUT as the item stated these Li7 concentration readings are not consistent from salar to salar and more importantly the Hombre Muerto data varies significantly in Li7 perhaps due to the variation between wet and dry permeating climatic conditions with the dry being fed by the possibly predominantly the hydrothermal/s

One really needs to read these items and look at the diagrams and understand the basic geology over time (geomorphology) that’s happening to get an understanding of what’s going on.

This stuff is very supportive of Mattillas reverse deep ended bath tub, albeit a sandy then pumice like filled one from the Cerro Galan eruptions.

Whats geologically interesting is that the Caldera, the massive volcano has subsequently collapsed and formed a semi Yosemite like geology albeit very young and we know the hot spring activity with this super volcano !!!

The collapsing process spreads the venting of hot charged water, initially super heated geothermal steam eminating from deep within the earth into the miriad of fault zones which may well, and almost certainly imho, into the lower strata of the Mattilla bath tub !!!

Confirnation of any of this would send the market into raptures imo.

But then I’d just be happy with the continuation of the confirmation of Mattillas Cadelas structure and that it’s filled with high grade Li brines.

I’m very interested in how Candelas is fed becos, as the company has said, it has UNIQUE geology, and that may include it being one of the few close to inexhaustible Li supplies that keeps getting filled with hydrothermal (during the dry season IF confirmed) permeating brines.

Gone ott again ?

Does give is something to mull over before Monday.

Believe it or not there may be more to this due to the hydrothermal fluids. But As many would know Li is a very unstable metal and I’m not quite sure what might happen to it deep down in the Sth American oceanic subduction zone. Whatever the case the Cerro Galan complex may be a little too far inland to be influenced by the subduction zone chemically. However given there lots of Li down there as evidenced by the ignimbrites it’s possible the superheated steam may transport this up to the hydrothermals as well, after all Li metal floats on water and if dissociated form the melt(geologically speaking) rocks as it has done from the ignimbrites it also may add to the Li concentration at Candelas.

Anyway, pure speculation at this stage until GLN/SRK give us some data and possible conclusions.

Sorry GeForce but this is it laid out on the table as best I can explain what extra may be going on at Candelas.

Like I say gives one something to mull over over the weekend

Gr

Last edited by Generalrelativity: 09/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $80.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ $420.7K 2.493M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 334361 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 259700 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.