GLN 3.13% 15.5¢ galan lithium limited

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation, page-78

1. 2,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1500
    The general consensus from the papers I've read is that the majority of lithium in Hombre Muerto is deposited by fresh waters from the Los Patos, but a mention is also usually given to the potential for geothermal sources. It's a possibility, particularly in Candelas because there is so much fault activity.

"The role of climate in the accumulation of lithium-rich brine in the Central Andes" by Godfrey, and the Montgomery & Assoc work for Lithium One / Galaxy are the most descriptive explanations for this that I have seen. Godfrey in particular seems to conclude that the lithium content comes surface water contact with lithium-bearing ignimbrite.

Personally my theory for Candelas is that the southern part of the paleo channel was once a salar, because the basement depth increases so much from north to south. I think water flowed down the channel from north to south (from Sal de Vida into Candelas) and deposited there (as well as flowing down the slopes from Cerro Galan). When the last Cerro Galan eruption occured 2.5M years ago it deposited a thick layer of CGI on top of the paleo channel, covering the salar and filling the paleo channel all the way to the top of the precambrian ridge that flanks to the west. Since then surface water has flowed south to north in what is now the Los Patos river.

Another possibility is that the depth at candelas was created by faults occuring either side of the paleo channel causing the basement to drop, and subsequently the brines began to flow back from Sal de Vida to Candelas (the faults are clearly visible, and marked in our recent gravity survey).

Either way, it's clear that we have brines and depth in Candelas, and that the brines in the shallowest part contain high grade lithium. Once we prove lithium in hole we have a very high level of certainty for the remainder of the project.

Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $75.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.0¢ 15.5¢ $283.2K 1.784M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 1540282 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 270466 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.