SO4 0.00% 31.0¢ salt lake potash limited

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation, page-22

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    You cannot compare apples and oranges.

KLLs suspension arose from a capital expenditure shortfall requiring more funds.

SO4s suspension appears to be arising from a 'substantial' shortfall in production estimates. This could mean multiple issues which could stem all the way from plant design, evaporation ponds, brine flow rates and grades. These are serious issues and rectifying them will prove much more costly and timely compared to raising capital to finance shortfalls. I hope SO4 does not run into major issues, but by the sounds of their annoucement stating additional funds may be required, I may fear that these serious issues are more likely than not.

One thing is for certain, trying to shortcut to the finish line has significantly reduced the shareholder value this company could deliever. Its not that they do not have enough funds because they underestimated the capex, it is they need funds to rectify plant issues. Two very different things.

No debtholder in their right of mind would ever lend SO4 any debt finance now. If SO4 cannot even promise its shareholders no more capital will be required, how can they expect to convince debtholders. As such, the only way forward is more shareholder dilution.

Last edited by Freeman02: 29/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.