GMD 0.57% $1.77 genesis minerals limited

You gotta wonder what went on here recently, and who initiated...

1. 5,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3788
    You gotta wonder what went on here recently, and who initiated the renegotiation, and for what reason.

Did SBM initiate it because of the rise in gold price, and they want a better deal, or did someone come in and offer them a better deal?

Or did the GMD geo's working with SBM. determine in their report, that getting Gwalia gold out of the ground will be more expensive than first thought, and at less volume?

Alternatively, has some other company come to GMD or SBM with an alternative M&A deal that looks far more prospective than this tie up. Has someone had a talk with RED?

Or has either party here simply got cold feet.

Anything is possible, but I'm leaning towards an announcement that simply says the two companies intend to go forward with the merger, but will delay it, for some reason. I hope this isn't the announcement though, because I'd much rather see something definitive, either it's ON, or OFF, but we want to see a definite decision, so that shareholders can deal with either company, with certainty, going forward.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.77
Change
0.010(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.980B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.74 $1.78 $1.72 $2.908M 1.655M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 30017 $1.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.77 14685 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.