AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

The time it takes will depend on so many factors including:- if...

1. 5,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2295
    The time it takes will depend on so many factors including:

- if the bid is poor the deal may never become reality!
    - if we see 100m hits at TA3 any initial price may be become redundant and SQM or whoever the bidder is may need to increase the price and that will only extent the time, or SQM will do an Albemarle ie walk away
    - it probably depends on the structure of the deal
    - it will need FIRB approval (if any overseas owned party is the bidder or part bidder) it will be well into next year to gain approval - this may be the biggest issue that will delay the deal
    - can’t see less than 4-5 months (don’t forget everyone goes on holidays over late December/Jan) and please don’t assume I am right but won’t be surprised if it exceeds 6 months
    - One of the key issues any bidder needs to confront is that this ‘change of control’ will take many months and during that time we will see many assay releases of what looks like being very promising assay results if Tony’s last presentation is right and he has not over stated what is coming down the pipeline - rather he has understated what is coming

If we do see some more great assay results in the next few months that will make it very difficult for any bidder to buy AZS at a cheap price. More great assay results, especially at TA3, will only push the price above $5.

As I write this post it occurs time that the price we may achieve, if a takeover is successful, may very well be quite fluid, especially if TA3 looks like a TA2 twin before end of 2023 - ie code for SQM may need to pay a lot more for AZS than any initial bid.

So in summary the action is not over until the fat lady says it is. That is, this may just be the start. Who knows Gina may decide to build up a 20% shareholding in AZS just like she did in LTR. I have seen rumours she has a shareholding in AZS but below 5% and she has $16b in cash and has more financial grout than SQM or Albemarle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.