CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

don't think anyone negotiates on the basis of current/historical...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    don't think anyone negotiates on the basis of current/historical pricing. there'll always be greater weight to future curves/dynamics - and given lng canada is real / going to operational beyond any doubt, not to mention the couple of other lng projects progressing on the west coast, this would be a huge swing factor in banking that futures curve. current pricing is irrelevant given we aren't looking at producing immediately - what is more important is where the curve is in 2-3yrs and thats sitting at 3-4.50 (vs spot of $2 today) from Jan-25ish (when LNG canada should be ramping up)... every day closer to that start date makes that futures curve all the more real.

at $2/gj this project is breakeven/ish from an NPV perspective (maybe positive with the liquids). at $3-4.50/gj this is anywhere between a $100-400m NPV project. my rough numbers. all comes down to how the bidder looks at this. look at the numbers that were in the peters&co sale flyer at different IRRs (80-370) and that was at a much more conservative gas price curve (July 21 - pre russia). I think fair value (risk adjusted) is somewhere in the middle - say $200m. my 2c worth anyway

now whether a bidder pays that is an entirely different q - why would they when they could lob a bid for the whole co at a 100% premium (20c/$120m mkt cap) and probably get a deal done? that's what we are waiting to see the results of in 3 weeks. my hope is that given glenn has a few mil $ in shares in CE1, he won't give it away for free..

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5316/5316036-04c9883d52be24a1953ed759a9865ad5.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.