ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1624
    I don’t know how that holder has their holding set up … but the notion of the various views that “well the smart thing to ‘have’ done is have sold at $3 to buy back in and get more at a lower price” may be less attractive in some situations.

Elsewhere it’s been pointed out just how far the SP would have to drop for a long term holder (as in one who bought in the single digit cent days) to sell at $3, pay brokerage, pay CGT and rebuy just to get the same number they held prior to selling.

Another scenario worth considering the holder who holds in a super account which is not “fully SMSF” but does allow self selection of some shares. Popular ones allow equity investment in say ASX300 or ASX200 companies. However they usually have limits in terms of maximum percentage of total account balance that can be purchased in one equity. If the investment had been made in the belief of future dividend returns being attractive then volume of shares accumulated is relevant. Selling out at a “high” of $3 might net a good cash return, but unless the price drops a long way it might be that seller can’t buy back as many as they sold due to the percentage invested rules.

So those suggesting “well it would have been better to sell and buy back lower” I’ve got to assume are ones who assume the person’s entry price was relatively high compared to what the price for a ticket was only a couple of years back.
    Last edited by Acgm: 19/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.