NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

Ann: Suspension from Quotation, page-200

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157

I would be a lot richer than i am today But they wont adopt it, as they already have the technology, and use there own chipset so realtek chip is a non starter, Apple just don't "officially" call it a hearing aid the same as Nuheara did not call it a hearing aid before they got FDA approval. Remember realtek is a Tier 2 provider, most of the Tier 1's use Qualcom chipset solution. Rest assured, if Apple went for FDA, they are not going to be rejected, as they already deal with the big 5 hearing companies on MFI. The issue with hearing aids in the states is that the overall sales were circa 4 million units 2023, OTC made up circa 13% of those sales ( circa 400,000 units of which only 5% were full shell ) so the market is not one Apple in my opinion would enter due to the very small number of units sold compared the the traditional CE market, as they are a mass market company. Having said that, nothing to stop them getting FDA approval for airpods and sitting them in both marketplaces. Is that a good thing for Nuheara if they do? Well we last heard that statement that we welcome Apple to the true wireless market back in 2017 from JM, and they took over. History in my opinion would repeat itself.

As only Nuheara has ever mentioned they are making these joint mass production chipsets with realtek, I would like to hear something "officially" from realtek as to exactly what it is they are doing, without assuming what Nuheara has said is actually happening. If they are working together on that specific project, then realtek would easily allocate funds to keep things going, if however Nuheara was looking to get them to make a chip specifically for there own OTC product, and for Nuheara OEM customer, then that will not happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.