MRC 0.00% 2.6¢ mineral commodities ltd

Ann: Suspension from Quotation, page-7

1. 16,313 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6935
    Hi Norway,

I am not sure how MVC could have saved the ship from running aground on beach 4. he must have super powers.

Did you happen to read the announcement, I cannot see MVC management avoiding these issues.

Effect on Tormin production and resources
    Interruption to Seawater intake essential for production

While the spill began where the Ship ran aground opposite the beach mining area #4, it has since drifted south
    approaching the area where seawater is pumped from the ocean for minerals processing.

Site management has ceased drawing seawater to prevent process water contamination.

In addition to the risk of oil contamination of the water supply, the heavy seas and extreme conditions have torn
    away the pipelines and cannot be restored until seas are calm. This will further impact production.

Production from the process plant is now limited by the amount of water available in the mine storage dam until
    full water supply can be restored. How long this will take is unknown at this stage

MRC currently has water supply and broken water inlets. considering they don't know the impact of the contamination I can understand why they have ceased production. It will be interesting to see if MRC's insurance can cover some of this cost burden or if the project will be sold to GMA Garnet prior to the repairs are completed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.