BRK 3.57% 1.4¢ brookside energy limited

A 'positive return' after a few years? Fair enough....who...

1. 1,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 625

A 'positive return' after a few years? Fair enough....who doesn't but as you well know there's no certainty especially at the spec end of the market in a commodity producer subject to whipsawing share pricing due to commodity price swings, operational hiccups, difficulties with securing developmental capital via lenders or via equity and there's a host of other reasons too. Maybe you just timed your purchases at the wrong time? Maybe current buyers are buying at the right time? If you feel that way about 'new investors' taking the cream & cherry off your cake why not join them in buying at prices that are lower than you bought at? You have a 'buy' sentiment, yet can't accept where it's trading? You neither have control over sentiment nor the price.....nobody does. If you believe in the investment case & it comes to fruition, won't the price reflect that in time? That's all you can do.

I agree.....you could have left your money in the bank- it was your decision alone to invest & time it when you did. Do I wish I made the bulk of my purchases at 1c- yes....but i didn't & I accept it. Hindsight is as they say a wonderful thing. Not all investments work to your timeline. You speak of 'substantial (investment) amounts' you say & holders are hurting? I'm a T15 holder and have been for years now. My combined family holdings place us in the T10. My average price is still below what the market is pricing this at today. Would I be happier if the price was a multiple of what I purchased at instead of sitting on a paper loss? Of course but I'm confident that my investment case still stands & accept that the company has little control over the share price but can control it's development & operational execution which in the main I think it is. As long as it does that as to a reasonable time frame and again I think that it is then I'll wait as a patient investor does until those future cash flows spelled out today are recognised in the share price by the market. When will that be? i don't know but there's every likelihood that it will. I'm not sure you can reasonably ask/expect more than that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $66.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ $15.22K 1.088M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 12735326 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 9706003 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 7.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ 2251428
Last updated 11.57am 03/05/2024 ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.