SXG 6.90% $2.16 southern cross gold ltd

Unfortunately, from my personal point of view, more and more...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Unfortunately, from my personal point of view, more and more verifiable nonsense about "nuggety" etc. has been posted in this forum recently. by the usual suspects....I have nothing against it if someone shares their opinion of things, but wouldn't it make sense to also write what it is based on?I think this..., or I think that...., that's nice, but in the end it's of little use!I have been trading mining shares for almost 40 years, and it makes no sense at all to use any argument without context.

Is "nuggerty" good or bad? Should assays have a cut. The complex answer is "it depends" ;o)

A simple example: An explorer with a low grade bulk deposit and some high grade assay in between.
    The key is to know what kind of ore body you are really dealing with. Otherwise, any kind of attempt to calculate the economics of a project is simply nonsense.The ore body can be low grade with nuggety or low grade with high grade veins. In the first case, the assays must be calculated with a cut. In the second case, it is not allowed because otherwise an economic resource is wrongly calculated as uneconomic.

A good example of such a case is currently "Cabral gold".
    - Here, assay cuts were used in the high grade veins. And so the project was not particularly economical.
    - In a more recent assessment based on the model of low grade ore bodies with high grade veins supported by the drilling results, the picture is quite different.
    Under the ideal conditions there, gold can be mined with an extremely low cut-off even from the low grade ore body plus the high grade veins as icing on the cake.
    So before you can make a meaningful assessment of the ore body, you have to clarify the nature of the ore body.
    To do this, you have to develop a thesis on how the resource is structured and then test it with a suitable drilling program.

Surprisingly many explorers lack both. (

Defining such a thesis and confirming or negating it. This is basically the most important thing an explorer has to do.Drilling a bit left and right and seeing how far the ore body goes is not really an exploration plan and speaks for a poor management.

In the case of SXG, there is such a thesis and they are trying to confirm it according to plan. The thesis here is that, similar to Fosterville, both , the gold grades are increasing at depth and the veins are thickening/converging. The real price tag on sxg is not the gold that has already been found, but a possible treasure chest underneath.

The fact that gold usually rises in the earth's mantle makes it very likely (as is usual in this geological formation) that there is more gold there in a kind of feeder structure. The question here is whether at a depth of 1000-2000 meters the ore body is shaped in such a way that it can be exploited economically.As I said, it is not so much the gold found so far that determines the value of the company, but the optionality at depth and further discoveries in the license area.

Comments like "I think they've already found all the gold there is and there's nothing further down" based on zero facts should perhaps be avoided.

Spreading content that is completely devoid of facts may make you a US president, but it certainly won't make you rich in the explorer business ^^

The true value of a resource cannot be measured simply in g/t, MOZ or other parameters, especially not for an explorer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.16
Change
-0.160(6.90%)
Mkt cap ! $422.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.35 $2.15 $710.7K 321.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16571 $2.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.19 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.