PLL 4.76% 11.0¢ piedmont lithium inc.

Great post, very well thought out.I think the PFS into the...

1. 4,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6950
    Great post, very well thought out.

I think the PFS into the Carbonate plant will be quite positive, they've already said capex around US$300m.

But as you say, under the higher scrutiny of a DFS that old technology might make it unworkable.
    I don't think I've ever seen a DFS come up with better figures than the PFS (assuming same metrics)

What will be revealing about the PFS is what partially built means. They talk of the crystalliser being the most expensive component, from my limited knowledge of hydroxide/carbonate convertors, I'd assume that would be more of a back end item. Is the front end mostly built?

As I said with my limited knowledge of Spodumene conversion, the front end for Carbonate and Hydroxide are very similar. Both require initial roasting at very high temperatures, from there the process varies.

Maybe this PFS will also look at using the existing plant to make Hydroxide, if the calciner is in situ, that is at least some reduction in cost.

I know SYQ wants to push this along, this is a very capital intensive project - they want to make sure they get it right because you'd expect it to be operational for around 30 years. If the partly built Carbonate plant is "old technology" IMO SYQ would be better off doing a PFS then DFS into a Hydroxide plant, in fact I think it would be negligent not to look at that option anyway.

With PLL's upcoming expenditure on Atlantic, Tennessee + Carolina, I think both SYA and PLL won't be in a financial position to commit to construction for quite a few years anyway, so best to use that time to complete studies into the best option for downstream.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $45.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $6.115K 56.09K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 1419990 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 647402 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.51am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.