CUV 1.59% $13.40 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Well obviously they're going to say that it won't be...

1. 16,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4202
    Well obviously they're going to say that it won't be used for a cosmetic tan, if they start yelling about how great it'll be cosmetically the regulators won't approve it (you should know that, as you seem to be pretty familiar with this from the Epitan days). Once they have the necessary clinical data and approvals, watch how quick the tone changes. Already it has begun to change, Wolgen even admitted (I believe at the recent AGM?) that after decades of research they have decided it makes sense to take their knowledge and research to the cosmetic market. I think it's pretty clear that they are shifting towards a cosmetic focus, with a range of products including one that induces melanogenesis.

Also I don't know what was said word for word either at the Lady Gaga dinner (if someone has a video or transcript of it that would be fantastic), but that TikToker I posted a while back in the "TikTok Influencers" thread made no mention of a topical cream being used cosmetically, but instead talked about how Scenesse itself would be the product people use cosmetically for bronzing and sun protection. This led me to believe that the company's strategy (talked about behind closed doors of course, not publicly) is to really get Scenesse to the mass market, with the topical cream used as a top up.

To be honest though, I doubt Clinuvel will ever promote Scenesse for this. Companies can't promote off label use, so he can say they will never promote it for cosmetic tanning whilst simultaneously selling it for that purpose (it'll sell itself like Ozempic does, the Tiktokers will be our marketers). They will promote it indirectly via the promotion of the OTC topical version.

Again, this is speculation of course. Luckily we can afford to speculate, as if nothing else happens we will still have our existing cash printer printing away. I am confident that there's a lot of talk happening behind closed doors that we are not hearing and a clear strategy, but in this space you are really forced to keep a lot of secrets (or the outcome is what we saw with EPT)

According to the most recent preso, sounds like Vitilgo is moving ahead very well. Hopefully some news soon though, I assume we will get something in the annual report.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst007: 21/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.40
Change
0.210(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $667.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.19 $13.59 $13.13 $993.4K 74.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 634 $13.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.40 16 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.