SYD 0.00% $8.72 sydney airport

Ann: Sydney Airport - 2021 Half Year Results Presentation, page-3

1. 10,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    $7.5 billion in debt.

It's all very well showing that USA and EU have recovered to 80 and 65 per cent respectively of passenger demand but with the exception of some USA states with Democratic Governors, neither has the equivalent of five of the six Australian states (three Labor, two Liberal) with Labor Premiers in particular (Andews, McGowan and Palascszuk) being willing to impose lockdowns, travel curbs or severe State border restrictions plus in Victoria's case a Melbourne curfew.

Victoria is onto its sixth lockdown with Andrews set to extend it beyond a month.

No sign of domestic air travel along the lower eastern seaboard - the traditional Brisbane-Melbourne-Sydney 'golden triangle' - resuming, with Greater Melbourne and Greater Sydney in lockdown.

Similarly, Australia-NZ travel bubble didn't last long with the soclalist PM in NZ cancelling it. On top of that she imposed a lockdown in Auckland when just one 'case' emerged.

No chance in my book of any Australians being freely able to travel to other overseas destinations before July 2022, and even that may prove to be optimistic. Not a hope in hades of any movement on that prior to the March-April-May (take your pick: I guess 'May') 2022 Federal election.

Business travel in the future domestically may decline at least 20 per cent due to companies discovering how much cheaper video meetings are. No stratospheric airfares, hotel accommodation and lunches/dinners with grog.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.