KCN 5.39% $1.58 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Don't necessarily agree but understand the sentiment. I am...

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 160
    Don't necessarily agree but understand the sentiment. I am certain that any payout to Zurich is linked to TAFTA outcome. That is the deal.

The prudent thing to do is to negotiate a settlement similar to the settlement for the PRI policy. It never went before a judge. We can keep Zurich onside by abiding by the agreement.
    That way we aren't too high a risk for future PRI which was in fact another asset that KCN had, but I think we'd all agree is absolutely essential in any emerging market.

I would think the biggest risk wouldn't be what happened in the past, but a 'creeping' expropriation which if the insurance contract is trawled over by legal, means it can still be triggered. Plus the FTA as long as it exists between Australia and Thailand.

What is often missed in all of this is that the PRi was not linked to FTA. They are two different things.

Political Risk Insurance: Prudent in the event of an issue
    Free Trade agreement: backstop

If we had been operating in a country without a FTA, we would only have PRI to fall back on.. it would have been all over red rover. But, we didn't, and haven't rolled over.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.58
Change
-0.090(5.39%)
Mkt cap ! $407.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.65 $1.65 $1.58 $453.4K 284.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86 $1.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 1812 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.