SRL 3.13% 33.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Hi Bomber and Bonies, I'd like to question CLQ's Nickel price...

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi Bomber and Bonies,

I'd like to question CLQ's Nickel price assumption of $7.50/lb too. It was the only number in the report that was very different to what I had initially assumed.

And the note for that assumption from Table 1 in the PFS is "Based on bank/broker long-term consensus market pricing for metal content only. Does not include premiums that are typically paid in the market for battery-grade nickel and cobalt sulphate"

So CLQ believes this is a reasonable Nickel price even without any premium for sulphate (but granted they used this price without adding a premium in the financials)

I had assumed the current Ni price of about $4/lb going forward was most reasonable. Sure, the price historically has fluctuated a lot, but given that it's largely driven by demand for stainless steel and other metallic alloys and coatings, unless we have another Chinese or world economic boom, then I can't see the likelihood that prices will increase much from here.

Maybe that assumption doesn't matter too much in the end because it just implicitly includes a premium for sulphate (Bomber, do you have a link for how you got the $2.50 premium?).

Or do others have an opinion why CLQ might have assumed a dramatically increased Ni price from current. If justified, perhaps we should add an extra $2.50 to the $7.50 price to get a $10 price for CLQ's Nickel Sulphate?

The Nickel/Nickel Sulphate price is the primary economic driver for this project, so this number is extremely important to estimate accurately.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.0¢
Change
0.010(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $29.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 32.5¢ $72.84K 214.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9387 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 3073 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.