SYR 2.17% 23.5¢ syrah resources limited

I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to having the ability to...

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to having the ability to read/take on board/dismiss opinions - even yours - Prime1.   Everyone is entitled to put forward their views - Jaberwock and Kramer Miller  included.  You may not agree with their opinions - they may not agree with yours - who is right/wrong will no doubt be determined down the track.   

I do recall the date (2013) and circumstances of your post very clearly.  I do believe you made that post on another graphite wannabee's site to show that their "strategy" of pursuing the lithium-ion battery market with their high purity graphite (a possible substitute for synthetic) and taking a longer term R&D approach into the graphene markets was somehow "flawed"/too minuscule and you pointed out SYR's approach of targeting the bigger markets, "such as calcined petroleum coke, graphite electrodes and aluminium anodes", was the right one.

In Sait's opinion, back then 2013, SYR was NOT relying on growth coming from graphene or lithium ion batteries, however, fast forward 2015, the much bigger markets for....

1. aluminium anodes haven't been realised, or mentioned again

2. steel industry - Asmet's MOU - has still not been formalised

In lieu of the lack of progress on those two BIG fronts, SYR's  attention turned to spherical graphite for the lithium-ion battery market - something Sait said, according to your quote, SYR was not relying on to boost demand.  Now they are talking about building not one but two SPG Plants.

Hitching one's cart to the "sexy" Tesla story is something most of the graphite companies are now doing.  Let's hope for all their sakes Tesla will be using the quantities of natural graphite that are being bandied around by the various commentators, and they don't end up using different battery technology/chemistry  

As I said on the other thread, it's interesting Tesla has signed up a supply contract with a lithium company, who is yet to finalise a FS, obtain finance, build a mine let alone have a consistent production history, before signing up a natural graphite supply source - considering there is more graphite in a LIB than lithium.  

As with opinions, many graphite companies spruik their various strategies - who is right/wrong will no doubt be determined further down the track.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $243.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 24.5¢ 23.5¢ $703.0K 2.946M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 211145 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 110000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.