SYR 2.17% 23.5¢ syrah resources limited

Ann: Syrah enters into MOU with Ford and SK On, page-16

1. 1,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    Not sure what others think ...but personally , I seen to think that the very telling broad Ford Announcement today of "where it is at "in the EV battery race , came out as a bit of a surprise and earlier than Syrah had expected .
    As of Syrah's Quarterly update yesterday , we knew that :edit
    Syrah expects to announce a commercial development with
    another tier 1 customer in the September 2022 quarter. Syrah is engaged with multiple target battery
    supply chain participant and auto OEM customers on qualification, and iterative testing programs are
    progressing with key target customers.

Given that the NON BINDING MOU has a "end date "of the 31st Dec 22 to be finalised , then it seems highly possible/logical , that Syrah "could"have anticipated that it would consumate the deal into a Binding Offtake with tonnage numbers , that would be announced in this coming Quarter . In other words , a more impactual and price sensitive Announcement .
    Perhaps Ford "belled the cat" to send a message to its competitors , of how aggressive and far reaching its expansion into the EV game will be , and Syrah was part of that Announcement ???
    On the other hand , maybe it wasn't Ford as the "another Tier 1 Customer" , that Syrah was referring to in its Quarterly !? Whilst I doubt it , THEN that might prove to be an even bigger bonus !!
    Just conjecture and musing on my part ...but worth some thought as a possibility !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $243.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 24.5¢ 23.5¢ $703.0K 2.946M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 211145 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 110000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.