SYR 2.38% 20.5¢ syrah resources limited

@Graphite, And it could be of course that with all these new...

1. 1,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 301
    @Graphite,

And it could be of course that with all these new mines opening up and where others are expanding they are keen to offer a price -any price - to get their foot in the door, because they know that from 2018 onwards there is new player with the lowest costs and a product at virtually any specification level and any quantity required in the market place. The SYR graphite offering is clearly a threat to any marginal or low quality producer - no wonder they want to bolt in low priced contracts - just to try to stay alive I would suggest.

But alternatively if you have followed the comments of the SYR CEO they will not be flooding the market - they will be producing to their known market demand which in this first year of production is of the order of 160- 180kts. I would also expect that now that SYR have an operating mine there will be new approaches for product - and goodness me just last week they made this announcement -

"Signing of a binding three-year agreement with CS Additive GmbH & Co (“CS Additive”), a leading producer of specialty carbon and sulphur products, for a minimum of 6,000 tonnes in 2018, with volume increasing to 2020."

Whilst this is not huge I suspect it is a direct outcome of the mine commencing operations and proving it can make good product. There will be more like this I have no doubt.

With respect @Graphite I think you are taking a very narrow view on the capabilities of the Syrah mine and the management of the Company.

redgum

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $212.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.8¢ $843.2K 4.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 332339 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 157107 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.