SYR 5.13% 20.5¢ syrah resources limited

Ann: Syrah signs 80,000 TPA Chalieco Binding Offtake Agreement, page-69

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    mainholm - a couple of points.

1. Here are a couple of better links for your education about FOB meanings TJ.

TJ took her education from hands on experience acquired while working at the Australian HO of an international company, but thanks anyway.

2. standard practice for a mining company to use FOB shipping point for it's sales management and follow on revenue and inventory accounting.

What does this have to do with what I was talking about in my post 14744966 where the whole point of the post was the question I asked -> "is going down the spherical graphite path really going to be that profitable" - particularly when you add the additional costs (which SYR will have to absorb) of shipping the required amount of graphite to it's proposed US plant to turn into the 25,000 tonnes per annum spherical graphite it plans to produce, as well as having another plant in MOZ - two plants, two sets of costs - one having additional shipping costs. Very ambitious considering Tesla, if that's who SYR are targeting (along with every other graphite hopeful) has not declared whether it will use natural or synthetic graphite.

What I previously said.......

"If SYR do develop a spherical graphite plant in the US (as well as in MOZ) it means first they will ship some of the graphite from MOZ to the US, where it will be spheroidized, then it could be shipped to the battery manufacturers, who largely are located in Japan & Korea. Yes, we all know the Tesla Gigafactory is located in the US, but at this stage there is nothing to suggest SYR graphite will be used in the US by Tesla. Now all that shipping to and fro is going to add considerably to the cost, if those rates mentioned are correct. Therefore, taking into consideration both these points made, is going down this spherical graphite "path" really going to be that profitable?"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $217.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 22.0¢ 20.0¢ $1.174M 5.701M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 583409 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 200279 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.