LOT 5.45% 26.0¢ lotus resources limited

A little light hearted fun for a Sunday evening. :D;) Below are...

1. 3,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8239
    A little light hearted fun for a Sunday evening.  

Below are some exploration target ranges for contained cobalt and gold based on interpretations of dimensions and drilling data from this investor presentation.

For some other projects I generated a spread sheet that enables me to plug in various parameters to calculate a volume and then convert that to tonnage for variable Specific Gravities (SG).  Simplistic but it provides a bunch of numbers which can then be looked at to see what may be reasonable depending on the accuracy of the input data.

For these two spread sheets the data are basically non existent so the results are only of interest to show the potential scale of the Tabac project if planned drilling shows continuity of some sort. Thickness, down dip, along strike and grade of Co Au.

To get the grade and dimensions I have used the following images from the presentation.

DLE EXPLORATION TARGET DOWN DIP LENGTH AND THICKNESS PARAMETERS.JPG DLE EXPLORATION TARGET WIDTH ETC FOR CALCULATIONS.JPG

Using the full down dip distance of 7.3Km and rounding up to 7.5Kms, thickness at a potentially very conservative 50m, and 1Km strike length gives the volume.

A fairly standard SG estimate of 2.5 for fresh rock is IMO reasonable in the absence of data.

Because the volume is not likely to be uniformly mineralized there is a range from 0-100% that can be used to look at different mineralized volumes at different grades.

The results:

Cobalt in tons. The 80m @ 0.77% Co is possibly a bit distorted by the 10m at 1.47% Co so I chose to stop at 0.7% Co .
    To get a very rough $ value multiply by some $10,000.

This results in some pretty large numbers at this stage of a project.  Assuming drilling success, bulk mining and good metallurgy among a million and one factors IMO it is a share worth speculating on.

DLE EXPLORATION TARGET TONNAGE COBALt 2.JPG

Gold:  For gold I use 30 grams to the ounce as an easy figure for wild calculations like these...  Also the gold thickness are different to the Cobalt so I have reduced the thickness a little, perhaps not enough.

DLE EXPLORATION TARGET TONNAGE GOLD.JPG

The area involved is large and the thickness indicated by drilling and mapping is up to 150m so aspects of the parameters used may be conservative. The potential is obviously huge and the upcoming drilling will show if this stands a chance to be realized.

A little bit more fun and wondering about what this exploration drill program might involve:

As the MD Jonathan King (JK) said in the recent BRR talk this drilling may be more like a coal drill out than a standard close spaced 50-100m first pass  exploration drill pattern for gold or copper.  This means a hole spacing of 500-1000m, or some variant, could more rapidly scope the potential.

PP009 (394m), PP011 (250m) DLE EXPLORATION TARGET DOWN DIP LENGTH AND THICKNESS PARAMETERS.JPG suggest holes to around 500-600m may be needed to initially define the thickness of the mineralized stromatolitic ("algal mat or mound" style of fossil) carbonate unit.  The cost of such holes may even require drilling on 1+Km spacing for a  first pass to do such scoping within budget.

A 500X1000m spaced drill program of the 8Kms of dip extent and 1Km of strike assumed in the above calculations would require 25-30 holes at an average of say 400m depth - so 10-12000m.  I suspect this would be too large a program for this stage so it will be interesting to see what the drill program will attempt to reveal.

At a guess:  1+Km spaced holes along the PP9-11 section, including either twinning or re-entering the ACM holes (not likely after 35 years), to determine the thickness of the mineralized unit and grade continuity.  5-10 holes for 3-5000m????

The above is hypothetical and almost a best case scenario based on very limited and not fully reliable data as JK indicated in his talk: grades were not confirmed by re assay and the discrepancy wasn't fully examined at the time.  In other words DYOR and use the above spread sheets with caution, if at all.

Large discoveries are currently been made elsewhere in the world as this link shows. Hopefully DLE will be able to report something with Tier 1 potential next year.

GLTAH
    Last edited by salpetie: 17/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
-0.015(5.45%)
Mkt cap ! $476.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.5¢ 25.5¢ $2.168M 8.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 212374 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 81309 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.