TLG 0.88% 56.0¢ talga group ltd

I think talga's biggest hurdle with respect to the automakers is...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    I think talga's biggest hurdle with respect to the automakers is what MT has alluded to in this presentation: The auto makers have to deal with warranty claims for batteries. That means talga's product has to be incredibly consistent, month after month, year after year. when it is just molecules like lithium you don't have to worry very much. I can see how shaped rocks extracted and crushed from the ground can present some concerns for that desire for consistency. What if some of the cells which made the deposits grew bigger one year? Smaller? Different species? not just a year, but perhaps 10-50million years? Geologic timescales are immense.

So talga coats and shapes things, I am sure there is rigorous quality control and it is possible. What I mean to say is I sympathize with the automakers who want things produced at scale before they commit. I do think there is good news, as to why automakers have been asking Talga to do some blending. If there are some electrical shortcomings in a batch, talga can just mix a little bit more synthetic into the battery. This is not fantastic from a sustainability perspective, but it is better than the current state of the technology. I think it is enough to get us off the ground though. Even if there were inconsistencies, there is an easy solution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $212.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.0¢ 58.0¢ 55.5¢ $502.1K 893.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14090 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 33008 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.