TLG 0.58% 43.3¢ talga group ltd

Ann: Talga Investor Webinar, page-33

1. 234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    My take aways:

Market
    - Good continued YoY growth for EV's and more.
    - Current shareprice is just a by product of lack of progress, market dynamics and short sellers
    - They are well placed with greenest, low cost offer even if market slows slightly in growth speed. Its still a lot of anode needed into the future

Offtakes and next stage expansions
    - MT stated the 'dam will break' and all the plans will be revealed as soon as they have that final permit. Sounds like each week more comes together
    - Lots of scale up plans in play and they are accelerating all of those while awaiting the starters gun on the 19,500 Nunasvaara south project.
    - Expansion permits playing out and they are hopefully that growth plans in a few years time alligns with quicker permitting, more stable investment market and more.

Permitting
    - They genuinley believed it would be done a few months back on all their modelling (even worst case modelling) and thus didn't expect to have to raise again.
    - Essentially caught out having to raise again and did so reluctantly to get them to the permit decision hurdle
    - Still seemed to be 95% confirmed it will be dismissed as they as he put it 'closer to the decision' every day and could be next week or 2-3 months
    - They have tried to push all the political button and nothing can speed up process

Other
    - Lots of patents in (think he said 64) and automotive manufacturers like that TALGA are cleaner that potential competitors who license tech from others that opens up disruptive lawsuits and could cause uncertainty.
    - Loyalty shares will happen to shareholders they just can't say it.

Overall
    - He seemed still very confident and genuinely very frustrated by delays
    - He plays his cards close to his chest and plays 'flipant' with questions asked but intutively seems like a guy across the big picture detail intimately
    - Feel he genuinely wants all shareholders (including himself) to be able to stick a big middle finger to all the doubters over the journey by scaling this business off the charts over the next 5-10 years.
    - Seems in it for the very long-term (still have his comments that he is in it for the dividends in my ears from years ago) and his progress and tenacity to date shows they are building a fantastic competitive moat around TALGA that competitors will find near impossible to catch-up to.

Always got to be careful of my own confirmation bias but overall feel very confident where TALGA is at and can't wait for what the next few years hold. Brng on permits!!

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.