TLG 1.22% 41.5¢ talga group ltd

Ann: Talga Management PFS Interviews, page-6

1. 16,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6903
    Good afternoon Zoulou,

Thank you for tagging me in, I wasn't going to reply on the Talga threads after reading the PFS, Wow, doesn't that just prove that I was right all along.

First Graphene is fully permitted in Europe and the UK to sell commercial quantities of Graphene, it is the only company permitted in Australia to sell more than 100 grams of graphene, the NICNAS approval, has granted FGR approval to sell all of graphene production in Australia, which is 100tpa.

Currently, the company has disclosed that they are in discussing with potential customers that will require around 18-20tpa in Western Australia,

They have also forecast their plans to build another factory in Europe where they see another 200tpa required in the next 2-3 years with plans for 600-1000tpa into the future.

Talga on the other hand, has decided that they will move into producing battery grade graphite, Do you have any idea why Talga are using Graphite instead of Graphene, if they were producing 76% Graphene products, why would you bother developing a new battery anode that uses Graphite?

Seem very odd to me that you would invest so much time (around 8 years according to Warwick Manufacturing Group) to get a new battery technology developed when your production facilities were producing that much graphene, maybe this all changed when the new ISO that defined that Graphene was 1-10 layers, anything that was Graphene Nano Platelets 11-150 layers is now called Graphite.

Do you know how many cycles the Talnode C has been tested over, I cannot find any information that it has been tested over thousands of cycles?

I hope you know that majority of battery anodes currently use synthetic graphite, they are only now moving to a 50% into adding natural graphite, Natural Graphite provides a higher capacity over synthetic graphite, although Synthetic graphite provides a longer battery life.

I think it is a bold move for Talga to base a PFS on a battery anode that is 100% natural graphite that has not completed all of the cycle tests needed to determine if a battery is safe.

It is very clear to me that there is only one Graphene company on the ASX, didn’t you say FGR was years behind Talga? I wish you luck Zoulou, but Talga are looking very overvalued as a Graphite play,
    As you know, I am a holder in KNL, who are also looking at a similar path as Talga

They have a fully permitted 60,000tpa mine approved in Tanzania, completed both a DFS and BFS, offtakes for majority of their planned production, currently in discussions for finance with the German Government, have a new eco friendly method to manufacture spherical graphite (protected by IP), which includes plans to build multiple plants across the globe and looking at forming JV’s to produce graphite battery anodes.
    They currently have a market cap of $40mil.

Talga, on the other hand, is yet to apply for the Environmental approvals. Looking at applying for another trial mine for 25,000t of graphite ore, yet to complete a DFS or BFS, no offtakes, no Graphene planned in the PFS figures and an MC of over $120mil.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
0.005(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $168.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 42.0¢ 40.5¢ $317.8K 773.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 35504 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 56911 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.