ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    well for a structure that was first characterised in 2004 so its not that long for a material to disseminate into the world and until Talga and other electrochemical exfoliators there has not been a bulk supply. It hasn't even finished/?started commissioning its larger phase 3 continuous module either.

There is not standardised structure as well. I'm not sure why Talga just doesn't drop the pricing to like $10,000 a tonne or $5,000 a tonne for the graphene, the NPV will still be huge for the full scale plant compared to its current market cap but I guess it will be difficult to push the pricing back up. It will however stop anyone else from trying to compete in its market and it can still try to build its value added products.

There wouldn't be the margin for vein graphite to compete in the market as the base price for vein is already at the $1600-1800 USD per tonne mark anyway

Getting the customer is the key point however but surely at $5000 a tonne it should be competitive withe EDEcrete's carbon nanotubules and concrete for roads is a huge application in America and they could always just ship the ore blocks to America if they insisted on an American plant and I think EDE got millions in subsidies to build their plant.

Dupont made nylon in 1935 and it took until 1940 and a shortage of silk because of the war for it to be used for stockings and that is one of the most ubiquitous materials in our environment today. That was one of the largest materials companies in the world though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.