TLG 4.84% 59.0¢ talga group ltd

"in 2019 TLG moved to a conventional mining method (no longer...

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    "in 2019 TLG moved to a conventional mining method (no longer saw cutting graphite slabs of graphite ore) and moved to a conventional graphite anode (spherical graphite anode). these are two completely different types of graphite that will provide completely different results in battery cycling and energy density."

I don't disagree with any of this but fail to see what your point is. Regardless of the refining method, Talnode-C was tagged by Benchmark Minerals with a projected sell price of $11,250 per tonne in that same year. Given that anode demand has ballooned since then and that Talga has had three more years to advance the refining process, it stands to reason that price is likely to increase.

"I thought HC was a stock discussion forum? If you don't like discussing the company and comparing it to other companies. "

Since we're comparing, the Vittangi deposit's 24% Cg is more than double the grade of Epanko's 9.9%. If Talga and Ecograf both mine the same amount of ore with the same recovery rate, Talga will produce 2.4x as much anode material (and over 2.4x the profit). Moreover, Talga has access to dirt cheap hydroelectric power that will keep the carbon emissions close to zero, and they're located close to European customers who will be paying scope 3 emissions taxes on their raw materials (that includes the carbon emitted shipping overseas).

For me, it's a no brainer. As I said though, to each their own.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
-0.030(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $224.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.5¢ 63.0¢ 58.0¢ $807.3K 1.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11139 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 12250 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.