TLG 3.70% 39.0¢ talga group ltd

You didn't read the article. I know you are nursing a gaping...

1. 14,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    You didn't read the article. I know you are nursing a gaping wound over Talga, and you have lost a lot of blood and tears, but if we drop the emotions and stick with factual details, the article is about the emissions tied up in production in the battery supply chain.

"For a start, the production of synthetic requires considerably more energy than does natural. While most of the carbon contained remains in the product during processing, generating a low level of CO2 emissions in production, synthetic graphite production burns off sulfur, nitrogen and ash impurities from its hydrocarbon feedstocks and is therefore a large source of NOx, SOx and particulate emissions"

"Many natural graphite producers are looking to move downstream to produce higher-purity products like coated spherical graphite, which could rival synthetic’s energy densities and can compete on performance in the battery anode materials sector."

"But this demand is clearly set to run headlong into the surprisingly dirty supply-chain realities of graphite. If the policymakers driving the clean transition set their gaze not just on generation but also on supply, this could cause significant disruption in the current technology mix.

The next five years will focus on innovation in lithium-ion rather than shifting to alternative technologies, so to truly “green” the energy mix, decreasing the carbon footprint of these batteries will have to become a priority."

Last edited by tigmeister: 25/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $167.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.5¢ 41.5¢ 39.0¢ $261.9K 647.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 268914 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.