ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 847
    Could you please list, VERY precisely, the STX failures?

In a similar scenario, someone I know (STX) bought a new Toyota recently. Toyota told her that it would be two months delivery. 12 months later, she got the car. Now if she was getting that car for you (TPD), is that her failure that she was told delivery was two months?

Here is another one. The recent Ad-blue shortages we kept reading about. Is that every truck driver in Australia's fault?

Everybody on this forum thinks that STX is running down the local Bunnings and just picking up what they need for this project AND that STX staff are somehow on site with tools in hand building the bloody thing. Have any of you ever heard of Sub-Contractors? Even more so, do you think the local yellow couriers delivers Gas plant parts to the middle of nowhere?

STX is at the mercy of the contractors building the plant, the contractors manufacturing the parts, the contractors delivering, commissioning, staffing the project, government departments, weather and the list goes on.

Calling this STX failures, makes BPT's issues look like catastrophic incompetence.

If there is a failure here, it is two part, one they did not realise the times required to build and commission a gas plant and for their first go, I would say with Zero injuries and lost time, they are doing pretty damn well and the second failure is the knowledge (some) shareholders lack in the construction, oil and gas industry.

Gorgon (yes, I was there in a senior role) was 60 BILLION dollars and years over budget. Are they incompetent failures? You have no idea how hard it was to manage that project and let me tell you this 100% for certain, staff would turn up one week and then just disappear and never come back from leave. It played havoc at times with very intricate works in the area I was involved in.

Stop whinging, the lot of you, if you do not know what you are talking about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.