EXU 0.00% 17.0¢ explaurum limited

@barret81, again I understand where you’re coming from and this...

1. 20 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    @barret81, again I understand where you’re coming from and this is an area I’m unsure on but perhaps @wogarlb who seems to be close to locals can comment on further.

As I understand it, one of the main challenges and advantages EXU have had is getting local farmers on side with exploration activities, which is also something that had previously held up previous owners. This is my subjective view but I imagine locals who own the farms and who are watching EXU’s success/discoveries would all of a sudden have $$ in their eyes at the thought of selling the farm at an inflated price.

I don’t underestimate how hard it may have been to get land access and purchase land when to a degree you have limited negotiating power as they know you want that gold mine! It could have been an expensive game trying to accumulate/get access to large tracts of land when as I mentioned before, they were yet to fully de-risk their exploration model and as you mentioned they only have limited to funds …which personally I’m glad are going into the ground proven up what we have initially before going further afield. Not sure if you recall but last year they did test some individual targets further out and most were barren so I think they were still getting a handle on the geological targeting model. There is only so many things a company can focus on/afford to do at any early exploration stage… just look at Sirius and the Nova discovery, every man and his dog raised funds, pegged adjacent tenements around Sirius ground and the Fraser Range craze begun with ASX juniors spruiking their “along strike” tenements! SIR at that stage didn't have the funds nor time to go pegging surrounding land, their focus was on proving up just how big the thing could be. To use a corny cliché it’s better to give up 10% of something than have 100% of nothing.

Interestingly I’ve heard that Cygnus group are adopting an approach of “mining the exploration data” by going through old historical data and applying forensic/big data analysis techniques to identify targets.

Anyway here's to another solid batch of assays coming back and a JORC resource in the 800k-1moz range. Personally I'm now getting most excited about EXU putting some holes into targets 8 and 13. Could it be another similar sized deposit?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.