CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. Dhm
    2,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3523
    I attended today and quite frankly there wasn’t really anything new in the presentation. The Breathe Easy Adult results that I got excited about were from 2017 as @J.dub said. Apologies about that.
    After the presentation I chatted with TK and I can tell you:

The sleep apnea results will be published soon and the differential between these results and previous is that these are done at home. The patient goes to a sleep apnea clinic and gets wired up with the traditional testing protocol then drives home and does the ‘wired’ test together with the Resapp app. This will demonstrate that our test works equally efficiently at home compared to the lab. Possibly most of you knew this but I wasn’t aware of the differentiation of testing. Anyway the results should be out his quarter.

The croup results are frustrating because they continue to highlight the difference between
    clinicians in the US and Australia. US clinicians rely so much more on Xrays and sputum testing and for whatever reason still disagree so much more than Australian clinicians. TK and I agreed that the Resapp algos demonstrate a better success diagnosis than US clinicians and need to be marketed to the FDA as such. This hurdle makes the job more difficult for Resapp to say ‘our algos are better than your clinicians’ but is a strong selling point. Tony said the best way to get the word out is the publishing of data, data and more data in medical journals to hammer the differential home.

One thing I didn’t realise is the clinicians are not related professionally with the three data gathering hospitals. They listen to the recorded coughs and have access to Xrays and provide their prognosis after the paediatric patient has been recorded and treated. They are a centralised independent adjudication panel.

For the US Adult trials Resapp may not use the same hospital sites as for the paediatric trials. Texas Children’s for example wouldn’t be used.Tony said they have a number of sites in negotiations. Tony is more concentrated on clinicians disagreement in the Australian study and how that could be translated into the new US Adult study.
    Tony harped on about the fact that US clinicians are more reliant (double that of Australian clinicians) on Xrays for pneumonia and that they are notoriously bad in directing or guiding an accurate diagnosis.

Re the concept of announcing MOU’s, Tony wouldn’t consider announcing any unless they were binding. In Europe and the US Resapp aren’t allowed to market their products until CE Mark or FDA is obtained. But he did say they have talked with many potential clients. Tony wouldn’t expand on this but I get the feeling there is great potential there. Resapp has bought on a Business Development person a few weeks ago. Tony is also focusing on England and the NHS is a large opportunity for them.

US and European Telehealth providers aren’t regulated by FDA and CE, something I didn’t realise. The person on the other end of a Telehealth consultation is at first not a doctor, but if needed, a doctor will be allocated afterwards. At present that doctor is impotant in providing an accurate respiratory diagnosis to a patient because they don’t have the tools to do so. Telehealth needs Resapp almost more so then Resapp needs Telehealth. Symbiotic in a sense.

CE is challenging to get, similar to FDA. You have to prove that the clinical study results are real. CE will audit all the results. But Tony is adamant that the tech works and sees no major hurdles to getting regulatory approval. Then the BD recruit will get on with marketing, and Tony said that that his phone already never stops ringing.

Sleep apnea is a much busier space. Discussions have been had with a number of potential users, and when I asked about Resmed, Tony didn’t deny speaking with them. The goal is also to make the Apnea app directly available to the consumer as well, downloadable from the AppStore. There are a number of opportunities which way to go, entirely dependant on successful ‘at home’ results to be released soon, but probably not this quarter.

So this quarter we expect Aust Adult Trial results, and FDA and CE submission. Next quarter at home sleep apnea results and hopefully CE approval.

I heard nothing today to make me nervous. Sorry about the rambling nature of my jottings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.