FGR 5.56% 5.1¢ first graphene limited

Stand by my original statement but there is a couple of...

1. 1,066 Posts.
    Stand by my original statement but there is a couple of standouts from this announcement.

The results from VFD and TTF appear thoroughly lacklustre. Testing in the US of aluketiya graphite was anything but lacklustre"Raman Spectroscopy exhibited C sp2 graphitic G-band and an overtone 2D band; no C sp3 defect D-band is detected" I always thought graphite always has a D peak. An SP3 carbon has a tetrahedral geometry this is the geometry of carbon atoms in diamond, or say methane each carbon atom bonds to 4 other atoms. An SP2 carbon atom has a trigonal planar geometry, each carbon atom bonds to 3 other atoms and they are all in the same plane. Trigonal planar sp2 carbon atoms could bond to form a structure in which there would be an extensive array of overlapping pi orbitals with effectively a sea of delocalised electrons existing above and below the plane of carbon atoms. Perhaps that ALuketiya graphite is special! Then look at what they wrote of the 'graphene' from the VFD - The Raman spectra of the graphene sheets show a typical graphitic spectrum, D band (1338.2 cm-1), G band (1574.7 cm-1) and a 2D band (2700.0 cm-1). Does not appear that promising, the 2D peak is broad and shallow, whereas the aluketiya graphite showed a sharp 2D peak. The VFD/TTF processing could be hit or miss not really sure where that may lead if anywhere at all could be a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by downsyde: 16/12/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $33.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $24.56K 486.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 115242 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 10405 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.