OAK 1.43% 7.1¢ oakridge international limited

Hi. I would like to explain my view of what may be involved in...

1. 501 Posts.
    Hi.

I would like to explain my view of what may be involved in the porting and what the porting actually is. I'm not a qualified engineer for the record.

Porting to different MCU's would be similar to converting a windows program to run on a computer with a Linux OS.

I don't think it is like they are running the stack "manually" and it needs to run in "automatic".

I am quite sure that porting is the process of adapting software code to run in a different environment to that which it was originally written for.

There are thousands of lines of code to go through and adjust which is probably why it takes time.

Porting would be a manual process and not something which would/should or could be totally automated. I am sure if you had to change a reference in the code from one string to another, that would be able to be done with a find and replace function in the code editor, so that is a bit of "automation", but it is essentially a manual code editing process.

The code has to be adapted or edited so it runs on the Telink MCU architecture, which I think may have an ARM core (?). then the source code would be compiled so it runs. Compiling is converting source computer programming language into binary code which will be able to be run on a computer.

Each MCU architecture probably has it's own instruction sets and timing parameters Io port references etc. which need to be used and referenced correctly in the software for it to run without errors.

I would really think the porting is a once off process for each environment. So probably, once this is done for one family of chips, the software will run on all the chips in that family, or perhaps with minimal further tweaking.

It would be good to get a description of the process from an engineer who has had experience porting software stacks to different MCU's

It is a massive achievement to get the stack to run on the Telink chip.

Adapting the BLE mesh stack will be a bit different, they would need to get the ADRC iot stack to use the BLE mesh network as a transport layer for communication instead of or in addition to 802.15.4 and Wifi.

Any software engineers out there how can comment on the porting please??

PT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.917M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.1¢ $25 348

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29911 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.