BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Telstra to Become Primary Reseller of Buddy Ohm in Australia, page-21

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    Really good announcement.  And we know we still have the US market and now the UK market to come!  Speaking of the UK market, in the other thread a couple people had asked why Dave even mentioned a deal that was in the works, versus just keeping silent until it was signed and done (@87 Crash).  And this Telstra announcement starts off saying it is being "finalized."  I fired off an email to Dave, and got a quick response, asking why Buddy was releasing info about deals that have not been signed, and if their disclosure policy has changed from being conservative.  Short answer: he's actually required to tell us about any imminent deals because of the CR they just did.  

His email:

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Our disclosure policy absolutely has not changed. I will remain conservative in my outlook, and in our news announcements. However, after conducting a share placement, the company is obligated to "cleanse the market" of all material news pending - even if contracts aren't entirely finalized (but close). As a result of last week's placement, we have to announce deals that are imminent, hence these recent announcements. Once we've fully cleansed the market (and you'll see a cleansing statement released to the ASX), it's back to our regular policy of bankable news only.

Having said all that, we wouldn't be announcing news - even and especially as part of our cleansing responsibilities - if we weren't very close and very confident.

Thanks for the question!

Cheers, Dave.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.