UNV 0.00% 16.0¢ universal coal plc

It depends, the provisions for the ASX takeover code allow for a...

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    It depends, the provisions for the ASX takeover code allow for a buyer to keep the offer open for a further 2 weeks (I think) in the event they hit 75% but not 90% at the timing of the offer closing. Ie. essentially letting holders who weren't sure whether to sell the chance to get out now that it is pretty certain that the company will be delisted.

Now, they have stated that neither the UK takeover code or the ASX one are followed here (which btw I find very strange, you'd think that at least 1 would be valid - and in this case I'd think the ASX due to their responsibility to protect shareholders) so whether this provision is allowed to occur should they hit 75% I don't know.

Personally, I'm waiting for the IER and the Independent directors recommendation. In my opinion, if they recommend the offer it means they know that they have the votes already and stating to block it will not do any good either. I don't believe they can recommend this based on its merits, so if they do, then they already know its a done deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.