GSS 1.41% 72.0¢ genetic signatures limited

why are we still staring at a sub $2 share price every day?good...

1. 66 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    why are we still staring at a sub $2 share price every day?
    good question.....the most recent revenue numbers posted by GSS are record revenue numbers.....and judging by April's $1.7m revenue number...we know revenue is headed to another record.

there is debate about how a professional investor should value a company like GSS.....do they use a revenue multiple, or an earnings multiple?
    existing shareholders of course hope the chosen valuation methodology is for a revenue multiple

the question in the mind of the analyst ( or the professional investor ) is the sustainability of the earnings....how much longer from here is the runway for test manufacturers....is it 1 quarter, 2 quarters....or is it 6 or 8 quarters?
    most likely 6 to 8 quarters IMO

GSS is hamstrung in terms of what it can charge local customers here in Aus....remember, a Lab receives only the prescribed refund from the Feds and will only buy tests a at price low enough to make it worth their while to use them.
    Labs are businesses, quality and accuracy are highly important....so too is price

the margin growth for GSS could overseas where pricing may be higher and certainly the weak $A is a friend to both sides?
    margin though could be eroded by covid-19 related higher input costs...we don't know that yet because GSS don't share specific information on volumes or margins....personally, I was gobsmacked to see them disclose the April revenue number of $1.7m

A near term catalyst could be an FDA approval to market the tests in the US?
    Management were silent on that subject in the recent 4C....I'd say waiting for it to be confirmed before commenting.

I love this stock, but Covid-19 testing makes up ALL of its recent spectacular revenue growth.....again....how long does that last and if you don't own the stock today....how much do you pay for it?

The price will go up when GSS sell more Covid-19 tests...sure.....but they need to sell a larger variety of tests....so as a professional investor isn't left thinking GSS is a one trick pony

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
0.010(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $154.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 72.5¢ 70.5¢ $164.1K 229.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7500 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.0¢ 21791 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GSS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.