KCN 1.72% $1.78 kingsgate consolidated limited.

I think KCN's position is pretty weak. It has been a while since...

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I think KCN's position is pretty weak. It has been a while since they did any digging, I would imagine most of the expertise in the company has moved-on or retired. Akara still has useful presence, and one presumes, an available workforce.

Since the Thai government shut down their mine, forced arbitration, and has delayed that process too ... it's fair to assume they have a different idea of what a good outcome is, which is to say they might want an alternative to having KCN back to manage the project and take the profits.

So my take on the KCN statement is that they have been played, and they know it.

I don't know what the award would be, but I'm sure it would be less than most people here think. KCN basically said in this announcement that they are willing to give up an award if they could mine again ... so obviously KCN does not think an award would be worth much either.

Perhaps one outcome is that a new investor (or the Thai gov) takes over 51% of Akara, leaves KCN with the rest as a passive investor, and awards management of the mine to someone else. So a part nationalisation I guess.

Should be interesting one way or the other.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.78
Change
0.030(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $457.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.78 $1.78 $1.73 $892.8K 508.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 42866 $1.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.78 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.78
  Change
0.030 ( 2.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.76 $1.78 $1.73 24888
Last updated 15.59pm 04/06/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.