A2M 4.32% $7.01 the a2 milk company limited

First impressions of this presentation - 161 slides is...

1. 1,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    First impressions of this presentation - 161 slides is ridiculously long. Too much fluff in the first 40 slides. We have to endure 40 slides before there's any info about the China market which has been our major source of revenue and growth of the company until now. Then there's way too much info on market detail in China, split into two different sections - Chinese language and English language - just combine the two into a few summary slides.
    It seems our top priority and key measures of success are now non-financial issues (slide 14) - what the hell are we in this business for? to feel warm and fuzzy about ourselves?
    Creating value and growth for shareholders now ranks 4th or 5th in the list of priorities - behind creating a diverse and inclusive workplace which ranks first, and then protecting our cows and changing our packaging to be sustainable (slide 12). again - what is our core business? creating a diverse and inclusive workplace apparently, like that's going to be the core source of our revenue in future.
    we have to get to slide 115 before we find out what's happening in the Aus and NZ side of the business, and then slide 130 before we find out what's happening in the USA market.
    Finally there's way too much jargon and abbreviations in the slides, especially in the China part of the presentation, which don't make any sense to me - I kept on having to refer back to slide 3 to find out what the hell they meant.
    The complexity and length of this slide show suggests to me that senior management have lost their core focus on the business, and they are driven by the "woke" issues of sustainability, inclusiveness and diversity more than producing and selling the product that actually makes us money. How much management time was spent on developing such a long slide show. Wouldn't this time been better spent on actually doing their job?
    That's just my initial impressions and the concerns that the format and structure of this slide show raises in my mind. And I haven't even addressed the main issue of the performance of the products and the company - the main content - yet. It's going to take a few hours to study and process all this information to work out what's really going on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.01
Change
0.290(4.32%)
Mkt cap ! $5.067B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.83 $7.12 $6.81 $26.19M 3.735M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $7.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.02 28521 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.