LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

I think you will find that LPI has been involved in very little...

1. 2,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1674
    I think you will find that LPI has been involved in very little legal action in Chile over the last seven years. One could get the impression from Photo's focus on legal cases that LPI is operating in a never-ending legal quagmire, but that is not the case. There was the mid-2018 legal action taken by LPI against the Chile Government concerning the CEOL granted to Codelco during the last week of the Bachelet Government - only for the Pinera Government to convince LPI to cease its legal action in return for its approval for LPI to apply for its own CEOL over its Litio mining concessions.

There was the SIMCO versus Codelco case initiated in late 2022 for which LPI provided supporting evidence, and then there is the recent Treasury versus MSB case which focussed on an easement claimed by Treasury to not be part of LPI's Maricunga concession holding. It is NOT uncommon for mining and energy companies to be periodically involved in some sought of legal action during their existence. It is no different for LPI. There are many frivolous legal proceedings commenced by activist groups, but that is par for the course in a more environmentally-conscious world.

Ezy, in terms of a preferred funding structure for the Maricunga project, there are several options that the company would consider. LPI management has stated publicly on many occasions that any funding arrangement will be in the best interest of shareholders. They would not participate in an equity raise if it were to have debilitating, dilutionary impact on shareholders. They have been working very hard, particularly over the last 12 plus months, to extract finance/offtake/other offers from interested parties. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, the delay caused by the SIMCO v Codelco stunt in late 2022 did LPI a big favour as it allowed more time for additional parties to conduct due diligence on the project. Usually, the stronger the competition, the better the outcome.

And since the end of April, there has been a near-50% increase in the Chinese spot price of battery grade lithium carbonate, almost reaching US$38,000 a tonne during trading on 11 May 2023. Coupled with the increase in lithium sector M&A activity and global trading houses now talking the lithium market up again, the interest in securing or joint-venturing in tier-1 lithium brine assets will only intensify. And LPI's fully-permitted, shovel-ready stage 1 project is 100% privately-owned.

The $64,000 question is, when will the LPI Board and management announce its preferred finance/offtake/other bid to the market? Hopefully, it is not far off.

Good luck to all holders, old and new. Exciting times ahead. A little more patience required.

This is not financial advice, just my personal opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.