LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

That is a very good article, and its in English!. Here is my...

1. 213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    That is a very good article, and its in English!. Here is my favorite quote from it:
    "

The minister explained that the government will only seek control of the operation — via different mechanisms, not just majority participation — in projects that are considered strategic.

Currently, the only strategic lithium area is the Atacama salt flat, Hernando said. In the others, each company will negotiate with representatives of either Enami or Codelco. The result of such negotiations will be presented to a committee integrated by the ministers of mining, finance, economy and environment, the vice presidency of the development office — Corfo — and the country’s President.

"
    The committee she references seems to be the one that was created yesterday. The Lithium and Salt Flats Committee. Looks like this committee.

Then from the article posted from Ezy the next quote is as follows
    "
    Hernando said the new lithium strategy contemplates three options of public-private partnership.

In the firstone, Codelco or Enami would conduct prospecting and then negotiate the terms of development with interested parties.

The secondmodality will see the state partnering with a private company for the exploration stage and will negotiate the next phase with that particular company.

The lastoption is for the government to grant exploration licences directly to private companies and evaluate results they present.

"
    Here with these articles is the pretty much the last bit of info I was expecting to see from the government about the National Lithium Policy and the future National Lithium Company (which is now being abbreviated as ENALI).

This is the most straight forward set of guidance that I have seen so far for what the various paths for private-public partnerships will be. One thing I noticed is that it does not mention a path where CODELCO develops its own lithium projects to exploitation. I wonder if CODELCO is looking for a large partner for its own Maricunga Project which is set to have a defined mineral resource by the end of June. If so i am sure such a partner would be very interested in MSB's Stage 1 and Stage 2 projects. IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.