PTR 0.00% 2.0¢ petratherm ltd

So thought i would clarify separation/leaching approach of ITM...

1. 485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    So thought i would clarify separation/leaching approach of ITM from someone who is more qualified than me, after the environmental concerns you raised ....

Assuming they can prove up the economics they will be using a heap leaching approach where all acid is contained/managed within the processing operation. There are no radioactive elements in IAC processing.

The method you are referring to is in situ leaching, where they actually put the acid in the ground. The radioactive approach has been adopted in China. This is another reason why there has been a push to diversify REE supply away from China, so the process is more sustainable, but also the obvious geo political concerns.

I notice PTR has announced the acquisition of more exploration tenements, so they are obviously committed to the space.

Not sure if you have read ITM's latest announcement but they have defined an exploration target of 110-220 MT (open in multiple areas) @ 635 - 832 ppm TREO and 19-22% Al2O3 defined at Caralue Bluff. This is actually to 12m depth - PTR have hardly found any REE's above this depth yet, which is obviously major factor in extracting economically but also the likelihood of being ionic from what i understand. And this is extracting rare earths and kaolin in the same process. Just waiting on the met testing now which will give a better picture of the economics.

Personally i think the location of ITM tenements is very positive. They have major infrastructure all in close proximity (electricity, water, ports) and also close to industrial city of Whyalla. With RNU and ADN (along with the existing Simec Iron Ore operation) the area is developing into a very promising mining location. All of these companies are committed to practicing sustainable mining practices and this is actually a major positive for Australia in the energy transition.

Anyway best not trash another stock without the proper information. There are massive opportunities in the energy transition space and there is room for plenty of participants - in actual fact the more the merrier as it will allow us to justify the investment in integrated processing which will drive significant efficiencies and potential for down stream industries.

I wish all the best for PTR and will keep and eye on it to see how it develops.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.526M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.0¢ $2.457K 115K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26235 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.