AW1 4.00% 13.0¢ american west metals limited

There are BHP public statements about their strategy including...

1. 2,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    There are BHP public statements about their strategy including in their annual reports where they go into detail about what they want in a deposit. Storm does not qualify (at this point in time) because it is too small. This might change if things go well in a few years.

As for the massive resource comment, this is also pretty wrong. They will likely double the MRE just based on infill and expansion of what we already know. Mineralisation is open in all directions, pretty easy to call a doubling since the resource is not that huge just yet and they are doing double the drilling compared to last year.

There is a VERY high likelihood of this (though of course nothing is 100%) and I am personally glad that Dave is playing it safe and not over-promising a doubling this year. That is a very reasonable statement to make because anything can happen and it might not double. But (and this is just my personal opinion) the geology easily supports the expansion. We can check back at the end of the year and see if I'm completely wrong.

The other stuff going on with the drilling campaign such as new zones, searching for the feeder ARE more speculative and I think we all know that. But if they do come back positive, it would light a serious fire under the SP (for obvious reasons). The main point I want to highlight here is that we don't need the speculative stuff to come back perfect to move the SP in a positive direction. If everything goes as planned and the MRE doubles, the SP will move substantially in line with discount % (but not double).

Then there are the economic studies. To anyone with a basic understanding of geology and metallurgy it's pretty obvious the DSO will be highly economic, especially at let's say a sustained copper price of 4.50 and if the market gets this in writing, a very positive reaction would counteract any seasonality. Think of it as a substantial de-risking event.

Anyway, I'll state the obvious that this is my opinion, not fact and people SHOULD go DYOR and debate this more. More discussion is always good. I think you are being too bearish, this project has characteristics that I do not see replicated in other copper juniors on the ASX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $131.3K 1.025M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 243565 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 363322 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.