MEL 14.3% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

Dex and others you may find the link below useful. There is a...

1. 82 Posts.
    Dex and others you may find the link below useful. There is a document on the DPI NSW website which is available for download for free. It is a Seebase computer model of the Clarence Moreton basin, produced in 2008. It can be used as a tool to predict which parts of basin have the conditions for oil and gas formation (page 22). Potential areas in the basin where oil and gas are most likely to accumalate via migration (p23). No doubt Metgasco have studied this extensively and probably worked on updates for their in house modeling. I remember seeing a reference to Seebase in one of Metgascos presentations.

With a bit of tracing paper using coast line shape as reference, the maps in the report however can be compared with the boundaries of the Metgasco tenements. In my view Metgaco seems to have selected the prime positions.

Further highlights of the report are:

1) there are some readily identifiable geological features and accumulation zones in the Seebase. These locations either match up to where MEL are drilling or have identified prospects in PEL13 and PEL 426.
    2) For PEL16 there are no obvious geological features visible in the Seebase model. Understandable as PEL 16 and the Kingfisher drill location is a deep part of the basin and there was little drilling around this area in the past to utilise in Seebase.
    3) It is evident from the report that the basin has been undergone many seismic events including a sideways compression - uplift of the basin. Page 30 shows the second last major event, compression of flat lying strata and the formation of anticlines and structural traps. The report indicates these stuctures are prospective for hydrocarbon traps.
    4) In terms of the stratigrphy. P32 details 3 potential seal rock layers, not sure if they exist across all the basin but in my view is likely.
    5) The report also mention reservoir layers (Ripley Rd Raceview etc), some of which have very familiar names to those who have read the Mel Kingfisher announcements.
    6) The basin is reported to be 2500 to 4000 m deep. Some of the thickest coal seems may be as much as 300 m or more thick Evans Head Redcliff outcrops (p33)( I guess in the deeper parts of the basin) and they may also be called the Ipswich seams. Importantly these seams are below the potential strutural traps in the Bundamba group strata p34. ( This is what Kingfisher is drilling into)

To me this report speaks volumes about the potential of the conventional gas. IMO MEL is a company in the right locality. If they can prove just a few of these conventional prospects and get them to commercial status, the future will be bright for sheholders.

The link is below. Happy reading

DB

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/244339/MR707-Clarence-Moreton-SEEBASE-structural-GIS-project.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $5.790M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $754 188.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 12765502 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 14531096 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.37pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.