THL 2.62% $1.96 tourism holdings rentals limited

We have to consider both the valuation and the financial...

1. 4,141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441
    We have to consider both the valuation and the financial situation.
    Based on today's share price, it looks cheap with a PE 26 of 3.9 x (taking their target of 100 m$ NPAT in FY 26).
    Even if we just look at FY 24, it still looks cheap with a PE of only 7.6 x, while FY 24 is expected to be the bottom for their short term earnings.
    The company also looks cheap based on its their equities (618 m NZD at 31/12/23*).

Risks at this stage :
    - potential need for a capital increase to improve their financial situation**,
    - stock could go back to its bottom of 1 NZD (in NZX) during covid.

They seem to have a regular problem of cash flow, as their cash flow from operation has been negative during the last 2 years and a half.
    But this is only due to the fact that they have to book their purchase of rental assets in their cash flow from operation.
    Excluding this item, they would have a significant cash flow from operation.

Given their tight financial situation, it is not a surprise to see the company revising down the growth of its fleet to a rental fleet below 9,000 at end of FY 25 (vs previous guidance of a rental fleet below 9,500 at end FY 25).

My main difficulty with their business model remains that they seem to largely depend on the resale of their ex-rental vehicles.
    I have never been able to find a figure for their cash flow, excluding the proceed from sale of ex rentals.

* this figure may be inflated by different elements. Probably more cautious to consider equities excluding intangible assets (191 m NZD). In that case, market cap is close to equity value.
    ** for now, the company says that it does not need to raise capital, but it will work with its banks to modify its covenants.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
0.050(2.62%)
Mkt cap ! $426.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.97 $1.99 $1.96 $22.18K 11.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1538 $1.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.01 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
THL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.