PVW 4.00% 2.6¢ pvw resources limited

Ann: Thred Releases Preview of UI Design, page-114

1. 1,196 Posts.
    Ouch, that hurts. It's a little more hassle for me to work out % gains because many of my stocks are 3-15 years old on the dividend side and a lot of those are up 100-1500% due to the companies increasing profit margins year on year for such a long time.

If I split off just the Australian and short stocks it is probably about 280% up so far this year due to a lot of good entry and exit points, I guess the thing is to just be patient for the long term if your really sitting to far in the red as most likely with some decent news they will recover. The alternative is to sell and better utilize that money in companies that you feel will run so the profits from those can make up your short falls.

Watched doco on Bill Ackman who lost $4B on his terrible investment in Valeant a biopharma company, and his investors are limited to pulling $300m out of his fund every 1/4, it makes you wonder how people with hundreds of millions feel when the guy they put trust in to make them large gains looses roughly a quarter of the value of his total portfolio over a 2 year period. Not to mention the $20m payout each year to maintain a short position in Herbalife.

Makes me glad that my portfolio was much better managed all these years and now am doing a better job at picking stocks than some of the billionaire financial investors who seem to make some awful choices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PVW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.001(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.636M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.6¢ 2.6¢ $68 2.621K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 123000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PVW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.