SFX 0.85% 29.5¢ sheffield resources limited

They are using some of the contingency due to the $27m increase...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    They are using some of the contingency due to the $27m increase but not all of it, hence the available remaining contingency of $54m.

The total project budget has not been increased - it remains at $484m. All that has occurred is the $27m increase in costs/pre-production expenditure is being applied against some of the contingency provisions that made up part of the original $484m budget. After all, that is what cost overrun/contingency facilities are put into budgets for. I think they have done a pretty amazing job in this environment.

FYI - the budgeted $484m also includes provisions for commissioning and start-up costs.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "..even if they don't think they will use it the lenders will.."

If they do not require the full $484m (and based on the update from last week they are on track to come in at $430m if no further increases), I can't see how the "lender will use it"? All that would happen is KMS would have $54m less debt to repay out of future cashflow and be operating on a slightly more attractive debt-to-equity ratio because they have not needed to draw down the extra debt from Orion/NAIF.
    Last edited by BaliHai: 20/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.003(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $116.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.5¢ 30.0¢ 29.5¢ $18.61K 62.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8858 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 2068 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 17/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.