TGS 0.00% 4.9¢ tiger resources limited

Ann: Tiger Examines Viability of Cobalt Production at Kipoi-TGS.AX, page-17

1. 1,306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    I wouldn't assume at this stage that we are unable to finance changes to the ESXW plant to accommodate this...... see exert from wiki (caution!)

Electro refining

If purifying by electrolysis, an aqueous sulfate solution at 50 to 70°C is usually used with a lead anode (corrosion products from which will not contaminate the cobalt oxy-hydroxide (CoOOH) electrolyte solution) and a stainless steel cathode which will allow for the easy removal of the deposited cobalt.[5] Electro refining in a chloride or sulfate medium at -0.3 V will make a cathode coating of 99.98% Cobal.....

I'd hope they are researching the viability of modifying the plant and / or process. Given that we are in the throws of adding 7,500t/pa extra processing capacity, why couldn't this be converted to processing of slags and slimes? Compared to copper, and at current prices cobalt returns more that copper. roviding the processing costs are in line with treating copper bearing ore, the returns @$11/lb are very attractive.

At half of the SXEW debottlenecking additional thru put, say 3,500tpa and assuming the processing is undertaken at double the cost basis (of copper) you are seeing a return of $7-8/lb or 3,500t x 2,200lb/t x $7.50/lb = $57,750,000. We'd have the debt knocked off in 3 yrs.......

The above is pie in the sky, assumptions are speculative devoid of fact and dyor.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.